When you’re setting up a new blog, there’s a little detail that makes a big difference…but it’s often overlooked. It’s having your picture show in the comments section of each post!
It’s always good to reply to your visitors when they take the time to comment on one of your blog posts. But if you don’t set up your image to automatically show, it will look like this:
Not so pretty. And not so professional if it’s on your own blog.
Another great thing about setting up your image though is that it will also display on other people’s blogs too!
Here’s how to have your picture show automatically in blog comments, on your blog and other peoples.
- Go to Gravatar.
Click the Create Your Own Gravatar button.
- Sign up for Gravatar.
Input your email address, username, password. Click Create your account button
- You are taken to the confirmation page. Check your inbox!
- Activate your account.
You can also check your spam folder if you don’t receive this in your inbox.
- Upon activation, you can log in to your Gravatar account.
- Upon successful login, you are directed to the “My Site” dashboard.
This one shows that the email has been confirmed.
- Click the person icon on top of the confirmation status.
This will take you to the profile page. Input your first name, last name, etc. Not all text boxes are required. Click the Save Profile Details button when done.
- Click on the Change Photo shown with a cloud icon.
This will take you to a page where you can upload your photo. Crop your photo as needed and click the Change My Photo button.
- That’s it! You can send us a comment so you can test this feature.
- Each time you comment on blog posts with the email address in your Gravatar, your photo will be shown (if the website has the avatars enabled).