Once you have purchased your domain and hosting, the next step is setting up WordPress. In the video below, I’ll show you how to install WordPress on your website. As you can see, the video is under 4 minutes, so the setup will be quick and painless!
If you’d rather read, the steps are:
- Log into your cPanel (you will have gotten an email from your host with this information).
- Scroll down until you see the WordPress logo and text. Click that button. Then click “Install Now.”
- Delete wp from “In Directory” box.
- Type in your Website name and site description (tagline).
- Change Admin Username from admin to something personal, create your password, and add a personal email address.
- If you want auto updates so you don’t have to do it all manually, click “Advanced options” and check the appropriate.
- Scroll down and click “Install”
That’s it! There will be a link that says “Administrative Login” and it will be www.YOURDOMAIN.com/wp-admin. That’s where you go to log in to your new site using the login and password you created in step 5.
As always, if you have any questions, I’m happy to help!